First Bank & Trust Company customers will soon benefit from the security of chip cards.
Why chip cards, and why now?
Chip cards are already being used in most countries around the world, resulting in a reduction in card fraud. This improved security is why Chip Cards are coming to the U.S., and to First Bank & Trust Company.
A Chip Card is a credit or debit card with a traditional magnetic strip and an embedded microchip for added security. When used at chip-enabled ATMs and point-of-sale terminals, microchips provide an added layer of security for your debit or credit card purchase.
Spend with Security
With a chip card, you get more peace of mind.
The embedded microchip provides unique data specific to your card and the transaction being processed every time you use it at a chip-enabled ATM or terminal. As a result, you are protected from criminals trying to capture your information.
How do I make Chip Card Transactions at ATMs and Point of Sale Terminals?
Your card will be "held" in the terminal while processing.
- Insert your chip card into the ATM or Point of Sale terminal and leave your card in the terminal until the transaction is complete. If you remove your card too soon, the transaction will end and your purchase will not be processed.
- The terminal may require you to enter your PIN or sign your sales receipt to complete your purchase.
- For sales transactions, the terminal will display your purchase amount.
- When your transaction is complete, it is important to remember to remove your card.
For frequently asked questions on EMV cards, click here.
Protect Your Visa Check Card from Unauthorized Purchases
You can protect your Visa Check Card from unauthorized purchases by activating Verified by Visa protection services.
Don't Be A Victim of Identity Theft
Identity theft affects millions of Americans each year. While it can take just minutes to happen to you, recovering from the financial damage and emotional toll it inflicts often takes years. Victims of identity theft can face issues such as lost job opportunities, problems with securing a loan, harassment from debt collectors or even possible arrest for crimes committed by the identity thief. To avoid these issues, First Bank & Trust Company brings you the Legal Shield Identity Theft Plan. Legal Shield equips you with the information and expertise you need to help prevent theft and resolve issues related to identity theft.
With the commitment of 1.4 million customers, LegalShield representatives are able to negotiate comprehensive legal services with dedicated law firms nationwide at a fraction of what they traditionally cost. LegalShield attorneys aren't waiting toget paid because they're prepaid, so they're motivated to treat all of our members and their needs equally.
Proven, professional advice is just a phone call away. With the commitment of 1.4 million customers, LegalShield representatives are able to negotiate comprehensive legal services with dedicated law firms nationwide at a fraction of what they traditionally cost. LegalShield attorneys aren't waiting to get paid because they're prepaid, so they're motivated to treat all of our members and their needs equally.
What is Trusteer Rapport?
Your internet banking account is valuable to fraudsters. That’s why criminals are always looking for new ways to get your online banking details and penetrate your account. Anti-virus and firewalls can’t always detect the latest attacks, leaving you vulnerable.
- Trusteer is easy to install. Installation takes only a few seconds, no need to restart your computer or configure a program.
- Trusteer is compact. It is a small piece of software that won’t slow down the computer or interfere with other applications.
- Trusteer is automatic. There is nothing for you to do as updates are done in the background.
- Trusteer is proven. Trusteer was developed by online security experts and currently protects over 30 million users worldwide.
- Trusteer is free. For customers of First Bank & Trust Company, Trusteer has been provided at no cost.
Helpful links regarding Trusteer Rapport:
- Trusteer for Personal Use
- Trusteer for Businesses
- Trusteer System Requirements
- Trusteer Learning Center Link - Helpful Demos and Tutorials